Below are the community guidelines for LugdunonWiki. Infringing upon any of these rules will result in a warning given on a user's personal talk page. Ignoring a warning or repeatedly breaking these rules may result in a block at the administrator's discretion.
Users should never personally attack other members of the wiki community on any part of the site. Comments should focus on the content, not the person.
Edit Warring and Reaching Consensus
While contributing to the wiki, it is possible that a user may disagree with how the information on a certain page is presented. It is expected that the two users will reach a consensus when they are in disagreement by using a talk page rather than constantly editing and/or reverting changes.
Assume Good Faith
If a wiki editor makes a mistake due to human error, the fact that they are new to the community, or any other honest reason, fellow wiki community members must assume good faith. Rather than insulting, berating, or lashing out at the editor, community members should approach situations like these with a helpful and understanding attitude.
Wiki vandalism will be defined as intentionally adding, removing, or changing content to the wiki in order to compromise the integrity of the site. It is strictly prohibited.
Examples of vandalism include but are not limited to:
- Inserting nonsense/gibberish into page content.
- Uploading offensive images.
- Blanking page content.
- Spamming links to external sites unrelated to the content of LugdunonWiki.
Registered users are expected to use a single account for all editing under most circumstances. The use of more than one account by a single individual is known as "sockpuppeting".
A second account can be used in certain rare circumstances by longtime established, trusted users. Some valid reasons to use a second account may include:
- Technical testing
- Bot (automated) accounts
- Administrators who want to use non-admin accounts in less secure editing situations.
In those cases, it must be made absolutely clear that the accounts are operated by the same individual.
Individuals found to be operating multiple accounts, in an ongoing manner, for the purposes of mimicking different personas or the like, will have all of their associated accounts and IP addresses permanently banned.
The use of a registered account and an anonymous IP address (editing while logged out) may also be considered bannable sockpuppeting behavior, if this appears to be a deliberate attempt to fool others or circumvent rules. Occasional anonymous edits performed by an individual with a registered account, but with no ulterior motive, are not a problem.
Signatures should comply with these specifications:
- No taller than 19px (including text.)
- No more than one image.
- No animations.
- No Templates.
These editing guidelines are meant to clearly outline the basics of how an article on this wiki should be formatted. Please follow them in order to maintain consistency throughout the site.
- Refrain from using profanity unless it is used within a direct quotation.
- Edit in an “encyclopedia” style, avoiding use of the first person or any personal bias.
- Information that is not backed up by an official statement should be treated as rumor and labeled as such.
- No specific information on individual mods.
- Bugs should not generally be placed in wiki articles. You should report bugs at the bug section of the official forum instead.
- When making comments or asking questions on a talk page, be sure to sign the end with four tildes (~~~~)
- Always remain civil during discussions.